(Originally posted April 2, 2014)
I don’t know about you, but egg salad sandwiches are one of my favorite go to lunches. I grew up with the simple egg salad of hard boiled eggs and Mayonaise, but a few years ago I decided I’d start spicing it up and trying new things. AT this point I have a pretty standard list of ingredients I like to add in, but as always you can experiment with things you think will taste good. That IS the beauty of cooking after all, there aren’t really (many) rules (at least not in my kitchen!).
I like to make Egg Salad Wraps, but you can also eat it on crackers, sandwiches, etc. I hope you enjoy and as always if you try any recipes I write about here please share your experiences in the comments!
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Chili Powder
- Tortilla (or bread)
(Side Note: I didn’t have celery or spinach when I made the versions in the pictures)
- Hard boil Eggs (number depends on how many you are serving, I normally eat two hard boiled eggs at a time if it is for a meal. Most times I’ll boil at least four eggs so I will have more for later.)
- Let the Eggs cool down completely (or else you will have a hell of a time getting the shell off and make a mess) (It speeds things up if you put the eggs in the freezer for about 20 minutes.)
- Chop up the celery and onions
- Peel and cut up the hard boiled eggs and throw all the ingredients (except spinach) into a bowl and mix together
- Put egg salad and spinach on tortilla and enjoy!