(Originally posted February 6, 2014)
Last night I had a sudden craving for some veggie stir fry. I was going through the fridge to see what I had (because if you are a reader of this blog you know I don’t do “recipes”) and out came this amazing combination of veggies and spices that my family just devoured on the spot (hence the reason there is no photo to go along with this post).
Unfortunately my cast iron skillet is still in San Diego so I had to use a non stick pan, if you have a cast iron skillet I’d always go for using it instead of a regular pan for anything, for some reason it just always seems to taste better, don’t you agree?
- Radishes (I just love radishes they add an extra something, something to pretty much any dish)
- Frozen Peas
- Ginger Powder
- Curry Powder
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Heat up pan with some olive oil
- Throw chopped up radish, onion, garlic, and cauliflower in the pan first and sauté them for a few minutes to soften them up
- Add in the spinach, ginger powder, curry powder, and black pepper and sauté for a few more minutes
- Toss about a half a cup of water in and cook until the water evaporates to cook the vegetables a little more
To make this a complete meal I just threw the veggie stir fry on to some rice (brown rice preferred) and add some boiled chicken and voilà you have a healthy well-balanced meal.