I came across this recipe about a week ago on Pinterest and it looked delicious! I immediately started thinking about ingredients I could add to make it my own. Only a portion of these ingredients were in the original recipe.
If you have read my cooking posts in the past you know I don’t normally measure anything out and just go with taste, however I did end up having specific measurements for some of the ingredients this time (I didn’t want to end up with a year’s supply of chili :P).
I feel like creating this recipe was definitely a learning process, but I had a blast making it and even more fun eating it. If you decide to try this recipe out please comment below and let me know how it turns out, I’d love to hear from you.
The recipe I based this recipe off of can be found here: http://lilluna.com/white-chicken-chili-soup-recipe/
- Exchange sour cream for plain greek yogurt
- Use Organic/Non GMO ingredients
Can diced tomatoes and green chiles
Green Bell Pepper
Red Bell Pepper
Sweet Petite Carrots
Yellow Split Peas (½ cup)
Unsweetened Almond Milk (2 cups)
Monterey Jack Cheese
Plain Greek Yogurt (2 cups)
Basmati Rice (½ cup)
Northern White Beans (1 cup)
- Cook chicken, rice, and beans separately
- Shred Chicken
- Cook top down in olive oil until brown
- Add water and cook fully
- Shred (wait until it is cooled down so you don’t burn yourself)
- Save chicken stock to use later
- Add chicken stock from cooking the chicken and the vegetables to the crockpot and cook on high for two hours or until cooked
- Add the chicken, rice, beans, unsweetened almond milk, plain greek yogurt, and spices to the crock pot and cook until heated
- Serve and enjoy!