(Originally posted June 24, 2014)
Tonight I thawed out some chicken thigh quarters and was looking through the fridge at what I had. I came up with a new chicken + veggie/potato + marinade combination that I really liked and wanted to share with all of you.
It would probably be a good idea to cook the vegetables and potatoes in a separate dish than the chicken, I found that the oil getting on the chicken didn’t present the taste I wanted for the chicken. Otherwise, absolutely delicious and I will be making this dish many times in the future. It left a really great crispy outside and moist inside on the chicken and the potatoes and vegetables were cooked just right.
This is one of my not as healthy recipes, but hey, can’t be perfect all the time right?
Just out of the oven
- asparagus (chopped)
- celery (chopped)
- onion (chopped)
- potatoes (chopped)
- olive oil
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- curry powder
- ginger powder
- Make marinade: Melt butter and mix in garlic powder, curry powder, and ginger powder (the amount of each is really based off of your personal taste, I used more garlic powder than anything else so I’m calling it Garlic Chicken)
- Brush marinade over chicken
- Chop up vegetables and potato
- Put chicken in center of dish and cover with marinade
- Throw vegetables and potatoes around outside of chicken
- Spread olive oil over vegetables and potatoes (ONLY use a little bit! I learned the hard way!)
- Sprinkle black pepper over everything
As always, I didn’t put measurements for the ingredients, when you look at the recipes on my blog my goal is for you to explore your tastes and figure out what works best for you!
Let me know in the comments below if you will be trying this recipe. I would love to hear feedback, what works and what doesn’t, and any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the recipe.
On the plate ready to eat!